C.J. Berg, MD, MBA
Dr. Berg is a board certified neurosurgeon with over 8 years of experience as a military neurosurgeon, with his service commitment having ended in the spring of 2022. As a neurosurgeon, Dr. Berg treats a full range of neurological and spine conditions. He aims to treat each patient as though they were members of his own family, balancing risk and benefit by offering less aggressive but effective treatment options when possible. His goal is to ensure that patients receive timely, efficient care so that they can get back to living their lives. This includes using surgical and recovery techniques that allow patients to mobilize early so that they can return home to recover in comfort.
Dr. Berg began his education at the United States Air Force Academy, obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in Biology. He then received a medical degree from the Ohio State University College of Medicine, and completed his residency training at the University of Buffalo Neurosurgery (UBNS). He began his career with the United States Air Force in 2013 and has held several positions, including Neurosurgery Element Leader, Orthopedics/Neurosurgery Flight Commander, and Neurosurgical Consultant to the U.S. Air Force Surgeon General. He completed two tours in Afghanistan. Dr. Berg also received a Healthcare MBA from Indiana University Kelley School of Business.
Outside of his practice, Dr. Berg is an avid Cleveland sports fan (especially the Browns), OrangeTheory Fitness enthusiast, and frequent board gamer.
- Undergraduate: United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO
- Medical Degree: The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, OH
- Master of Business Administration in Healthcare: Indiana University Kelley School of Business, Indianapolis, IN
- Residency: University at Buffalo Neurosurgery (UBNS), State University of New York at Buffalo
- Current Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- American Academy of Neurological Surgeons
- Mount Carmel New Albany
- Mount Carmel St. Ann’s
- Mount Carmel East
- Eastwind Surgical Center
- Taylor Station Surgical Center